"Writing a Research Paper"
Supplying proper citations will:
- support your arguments
- acknowledge the work of other authors and help you avoid plagiarism
- standardize the format of your paper and allow other researchers to easily "retrace your steps"
Which style should you use?
There are different citation styles that vary from discipline to discipline. Always consult your instructor for the format used in your class.
MLA (Modern Language Association)
MLA Style Guide (7th ed) (University of California, Riverside Libraries)
|MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing
Rivera Reference PN147 .M25 2008
|MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
Rivera Reference LB2369 .M25 2009
- APA Citation Style Guide 6th Edition (UC Libraries)
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (The OWL at Purdue and Purdue University)
- APA Style Official Website
See Also APA Style Guide to Electronic References
Rivera Reference PN171.F56 A63 2007
Official Manual:The Chicago Manual of Style [electronic resource] (16th & 15th edition)
The Chicago Manual of Style (15th edition)
Rivera Reference Z253 .U69 2003
The Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Rivera Reference Z253 .U69 2010
Turabian Citation Style (pdf), 7th edition (UC Riverside Libraries)
Turabian Style Guide, 6th edition (the University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
Turabian Style, 6th edition (Bridgewater State College Libraries)
AAA Style Guide