- Encyclopedia of the Stateless Nations: Ethnic & National Groups Around the World (Rivera Ref: D860 M66 2002 vol. 1-4). Contains 350 entries on groups. Descriptions include the historical, political, social, religious, and economic evolution of the groups, as well as a short bibliography.
- Encyclopedia of the World's Minorities (Rivera Ref: GN495.4 E63 2005, vol. 1-3) Entries provide clearly written introductions to minority groups, as well as other themes and concepts. Articles on minorities cover particular ethnic, religious, and other groups, their histories, culture, and current political situation. Essays on countries entries provide a political, historical, and demographics with an emphasis on ethnic and cultural divisions.
- Encyclopedia of World Cultures (Rivera Ref: GN550.E53 1991, vol 1-10) This multivolume set covers over 1,500 culture groups, alphabetically arranged within regions. Distribution, belief systems, kinship structures and history are covered, and each entry includes a bibliography for further research.
In addition to appropriate databases in the Anthropology Databases by Subject page (http://library.ucr.edu/?view=find/anthropology.html), some in Political Science contain useful information:
- CIAO - Columbia International Affairs Online: Full text of working papers, proceedings, policy briefs and selective journal articles.
- PAIS International - Public Affairs Information Service: Access to journal articles, government publications and other materials about international relations, political science, public policy.
- Access World News Collection: Full text from over 600 U.S. and over 700 international sources.
- Academic (via LexisNexis): Full text newspaper articles from other newspapers than the database above.