How to research religious objects and their devotional and religious significance.
Search the UCR Library Catalog (Scotty)
- Refine searches using Subject Headings, if needed
- Select titles that are relevant
- Write down locations and call numbers
- Use call number maps to find specific floors where the books you need are located
Use * to find various endings of a word: e.g. altar* will find altar, altars and altarpiece.
If you find a book in Scotty that says "ill." in the Description line, then it includes images or illustrations.
Check the bibliographies or lists of references in books for leads to other resources.
- Rivera Reference Department
Phone: (951) 827-4392
Select Databases A-Z
- In addition to books, you can find beautiful images in Artstor.
Think of different synonyms:
e.g. madonna or virgin
Use UC-elinks to find where the article is: online, in the Library, or at another UC Library 's (Melvyl).
Don't forget to cite while you write! Check our Citing sources guide. Also see Writing a Research Paper for more help.
Last modified: 6/24/2011 5:12 PM by M. Yonezawa