Here are some ideas to learn a little more or stay up-to-date on your favorite topic.
Other Scholarly Resources
- Faculty of 1000 F1000 identifies and recommends the most important articles in biology and medical research publications.
- JoVE Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a peer reviewed, PubMed indexed journal devoted to the publication of biological, medical, chemical and physical research in a video format. Watch other scientists perform and explain their experiments! [UCR subscribes to ALL the sections!]
- Index to Organism Names ION contains millions of animal names, both fossil and recent, at all taxonomic ranks, reported from the scientific literature.
- TED Talks Conference speakers give short informative and inspiring talks on a variety of interesting topics, many of which are biology and genome based. (Also available on YouTube, iTunes, and Netflix!)
- BenchFly Video ProtocolsBenchFly Vidoe Protocols cover biology, chemistry, and biochemistry topics, from the most basic to more advanced.
- MIT's OpenCourseWare Digital Lab Techniques ManualMIT's series of videos designed to help prepare for chemistry laboratory class.
Related Subject Guides
Have a great 'genius' suggestion? Let me know!! Contact your biology subject specialist, Trish Stumpf Garcia, at: email@example.com
Last modified: 7/28/2014 2:32 PM by T. Garcia