Start by searching for books in the UCR Libraries in the Library Catalog (Scotty).
- If starting with keyword searches, get broader or more specific in your search terms to find what you need.
- If UCR does not have what you are looking for, try searching in Melvyl, the library catalog for the whole UC system. Books can be requested and then picked up and returned at the UCR library of your choice!
Most of the library's e-books are listed in Scotty, so you will find them while you are searching for books.
UCR has access to several e-books published by Morgan & Claypool, such as their Synthesis Lectures on Biomedical Engineering and Systhesis Lectures on Tissue Engineering. (Titles with a green check are accessible.)
UCR has access to many e-books published by Springer.
- When not on-campus, you will need to Connect from Off-Campus to access e-books.
- When you find an e-book, you will probably get to look at the material by chapter.
- You can usually search within a book to easily find your keywords.
Click here for more information: Electronic Books
The library has many protocols in print and as e-books. Search the Library Catalog (Scotty) as you would for a book.
If you are looking for protocols published in Current Protocols (Wiley) or Springer Protocols, you can search for the specific title of the protocol or browse the volumes.
Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a video based journal of protocols. UCR subscribes to all of JoVE's content.
- None at this time... suggestions?
Related Subject Guides
- Biology (lots of research guidance!)
- Science Library Guides (General)
Contact your bioengineering subject specialist, Trish Stumpf Garcia, at: email@example.com