Subject Guide: Chemistry
- Web of Science: Covers all Science disciplines and includes citation searching.(1900-present)
- SciFinder Scholar: Chemical Abstracts and Structure searching (1907-present). Register for and access the Web version from this site. Check out the introductory tutorial on Substance Searching and setting up alerts.
- Reaxys (former platform CrossFire): Beilstein and Gmelin Substances indexed 1772-present. Elsevier Chemistry Patent database is also included. Searchable by structure, reactions, text, and property values. Introductory webinar on Chemistry Research is available here.
- Science of Synthesis - contains over 146,000 product-specific experimental procedures, 580,000 structures, and 700,000 references for the synthetic chemist. It is full-text, structure and reaction searchable. Workshop Examples and Tutorial available
- Cambridge Structural Database (Web version) - Contains crystallographic data on organic, organometallic, and metal complex structures. Option to Web version: Database is downloadable from this site: http://software.chem.ucla.edu/CSD/. The DVDs are also available for borrowing through J. Mason (contact info below).
- ICSD: Inorganic Crystal Structure Database - a searchable database of more than 93,000 inorganic structures, including pure elements, minerals, metals, and intermetallic compounds.
- ChemIDPlus - Structure database and chemical dictionary
- Toxnet - Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.
- CASSI - The CAS Source Index (CASSI) Search Tool is an online resource tool to quickly identify or confirm journal titles and abbreviations for publications indexed by CAS since 1907.
E-Journal/E-Book Selected Collections:
- ACS Journals/Symposium Series - American Chemical Society Journals And E-Books
- RSC Journals/Books - Royal Society of Chemistry Journals and Books
- Science Direct - Tetrahedron, Biophysical Chemistry, etc. (Elsevier publications)
- Wiley InterScience - Angewandte Chemie, Advanced Materials, etc. also eBooks.
Search Infomine for Chemistry Web Resources:
Online Reference Shelf
Print Resources (Guides)
Last modified: 10/11/2013 12:48 PM by J. Mason