What Is Paging?
Paging is a service available to UCR faculty, staff, and students used to obtain materials located at the UCR Libraries that are not checked out. Paging requests are submitted through the UCR Library Catalog (SCOTTY) and may be picked up at the Circulation desk of the Rivera, Orbach Science, Multimedia or Music Libraries.
How long does it take?
Most requests will be processed within 24 hrs. Requests for material to be picked up at a location other than the library in which the material resides will be processed within 72 hrs. An email will be sent to your UCR email address when the material is ready for pick up.
What does it cost?
There is no charge for requesting materials to be paged.
How many items can I page at once?
UCR staff and students may have up to 30 items and faculty up to 50 items on hold at one time. This includes paging requests, recall holds, Reserve holds and ILL pickup holds. Once items are checked out, holds for those items are removed.
How do I request articles (document delivery) located at the UCR Libraries?
UCR faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduates with disabilities may use the libraries' document delivery service for obtaining articles located at the UCR Libraries using REQUEST, UC-eLinks and Citation Linker (not via the UCR Catalog, Scotty). Please visit the document delivery webpage for more information.
Instructions for Submitting a Paging Request
Using the UCR Libraries Catalog (SCOTTY):
- Perform a search.
- Verify the item's status is "NOT CHCKD OUT".
- Click on the "Place a Hold" button.
- Complete the form: Enter your UCR NetID and Password.
- Select a Pick up location and click the Submit button.
- An email will be sent to your UCR email address when the material is ready for pick up.
- Bring your R'Card to the Circulation/Reserve Desk indicated on the email notification to check out the material.