What Is document delivery?
Document Delivery Service is a service to UCR faculty, graduate students and staff, and to undergraduates with disabilities for obtaining articles located at the UCR Libraries. Requests are accepted through REQUEST, UC-eLinks and Citation Linker (not via the UCR Catalog, Scotty). A link will be sent to your email to retrieve the article.
How long does it take?
Document Delivery Service processes your requests as quickly as possible, usually within 48 hours. Requests with incomplete bibliographic citations, or numerous requests submitted at one time, may take longer to supply.
What does it cost?
There is no charge for requesting articles.
How do I request UCR Library books that are not checked out?
Faculty, staff and students can place a hold for pick-up on material not checked out through SCOTTY. Please visit the Paging webpage for more information.
Instructions for Document Delivery
From the UCR & UC-licensed databases:
- Select item to REQUEST by checking the selection box next to each item.
- Click on the UC-eLinks button.
- Click on the REQUEST button.
- Complete the form: Enter your departmental affiliation and your 14-digit library card barcode number, (e.g. 2121...). Use the NOTES field to enter any additional information.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Follow the prompts.
Click on a tab to choose a form.
Enter the information.
Click the "Continue" button to go UC-eLinks.
Follow the instructions for either the Melvyl Catalog or the UCR/UC-licensed database above.
Rivera Library Document Delivery
Orbach Science Library Document Delivery