The UCR Libraries now offer assistance by text messages. This is a new pilot service available during Reference Service Hours. By using Text-a-Librarian, you can get quick answers to all library related questions, such as hours, call numbers, etc.
Text UCRLIB to 66746 and then your question.
How do I text the library a question?
- Start your text message with ucrlib and send it to 66746.
Example: ucrlib what time do you close tonight?
(Standard text messaging charges apply)
What kinds of questions should I ask through text?
- Simple, quick questions that we might answer in a text message or two.
- Ask more in depth questions at a reference desk, over email, or on our "sk a Librarian" chat reference service.
How fast will you answer my question?
- We will answer within 2 hours during service hours.
Monday - Thursday, 9 am-7 pm, Friday, 9 am - 4 pm.
- We will reply to off-hour questions at the beginning of the next service day.
This is a pilot project. We will be assessing and updating it as we learn more about your needs. Your comments are important to us. Please text us what you think.