Starting on July 16, 2018, how you access library materials will look and feel different.
On this date the UCR Library will launch an enhanced library catalog with a modern, mobile-responsive visual display and new search tools.
The new library catalog (formerly known as “Scotty”) will have a streamlined user experience with improved access to library materials and more intuitive ways for you to discover new content.
New features include:
- Combined access to both print materials and online licensed e-resources
- Easy-to-tailor search results using active content filters in the sidebar
- Book and journal cover image previews
- Table of contents previews
- Full text access to digital items when searching through the on-campus network
We invite you to preview the new search interface starting today. This preview will give you a taste of the new search capabilities, although not all the functions of the catalog are implemented yet.
Millions of records are currently being migrated and/or modified as part of this transition. We expect to have the new library catalog fully functional on July 16, 2018.