The collection contains material on the politics, economy, and history of Latin America, Portugal, and Portuguese-speaking Africa collected by Dr. Ronald H. Chilcote, Professor Emeritus of Economics at UC Riverside.
- books and periodicals on leftist movements in Brazil
- approximately four thousand cordel, literary pamphlets of social poetry drawn from the singing and writing of troubadours)
- books, ephemera, and written and audio interviews, about Northeast Brazil, in particular its hinterland or sertão
- books and pamphlets on the Portuguese revolution of 1974-1975 and its aftermath, including audio interviews and transcripts with participants
- writings by and about the revolutionary, Amílcar Cabral
- pamphlets, leaflets, films, and newspaper clippings on covert and overt cases of intervention in Latin America
- books, audiocassettes, and videotapes on the Iran-Contra Affair (1985-1987)