The UCR Library collects resources in theatre studies, as well as related interdisciplinary subjects such as acting or performance production, supporting both coursework and research conducted by our students and faculty. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information that includes the entire UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate theatre studies articles by searching the theatre databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
Many theatre journals are found electronically and can be browsed in the UC Journal finder. Use the Scotty (UCR) catalog to find journals on campus.
Performances are available to stream online through Theatre in Video via Alexander Street Press.
Databases such as Proquest Digital Dissertations are useful for finding theatre dissertations and theses.
- New York Theatre Critics’ Reviews
- The Cambridge Guide to Theatre
- African Americans in the Performing Arts
- The Cambridge Guide to American Theatre
- Acting: An International Encyclopedia
- The Routledge Companion to Theatre and Performance
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre & Performance
- American Women Stage Directors of the Twentieth Century
- The Oxford Companion to American Theatre