The campus provides two ways to access the Libraries' resources when away from campus: AnyConnect and WebVPN.
If you have trouble with either of these, you may try the other method, or see the troubleshooting guide. Also see our VPN guide for Mobile Phones
AnyConnect Client VPN
The Client Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the preferred method of accessing Library Resources when you are off-campus. It requires software to be downloaded and installed to your computer.
The First Time:
- Go to the campus AnyConnect VPN Client page.
- Follow the download and setup instructions carefully.
Whenever you want to log on:
- Go to http://anyconnect.ucr.edu and choose Tunnel-All-Traffic.
- Log in with your NetID and Password (Same as Webmail)
It is also possible to start the AnyConnect Client from the Cisco programs menu or from the system tray. However, going to the website will ensure that you have the latest configuration for optimal performance.
The WebVPN functions within your browser. A number of Library resources do not work with the WebVPN, but it might be useful when you are unable to download software.
Log in by clicking the button below, and selecting WebVPN from the pull-down menu.
- Log in using your Net ID and Net ID Password (Same as Webmail)
- Go to your resource without using the address bar on your browser (click on left menu or use the navigation bar in top right).
- More Info and Instructions on WebVPN
- In IE 8, enable compatibility view to see the WebVPN top navigation bar menu.
- New! Internet Explorer Users: You may be prompted to install the "Cisco SSL VPN Relay" Add-on after logging into WebVPN. It is an optional plugin. WebVPN will continue to work if you don't install it. This add-on allows you to use the address bar instead of the WebVPN toolbar to navigate.
- You might be directed through the WebVPN if you go to one of our library resources from an off campus location.
Because the WebVPN works within your browser, it is more prone to difficulties relating to browser compatibility. If you have trouble, check our documentation to see if it is a known problem. Some resources have difficulty with IE6 or with IE and Vista.
Troubleshooting / Questions?
If you need additional assistance please use the contact information listed below:
Staff and Faculty Help Desk
Telephone: 951-827-3555 (8-5 M-F, Leave a message if they do not answer)
Student Help Desk
Telephone: 951-827-6495 (8am-10pm M-TH, 8-5 Fri, noon-5 Sat and Sun)