What Is document delivery?
Document Delivery Service is a service to UCR faculty, graduate students and staff, and to undergraduates with disabilities for obtaining articles located at the UCR Libraries. Requests are accepted through REQUEST, UC-eLinks and Citation Linker (not via the UCR Catalog, Scotty).
How long does it take?
Document Delivery requests will be processed within 48 hours, and a link will be sent to your email to retrieve the article.
What does it cost?
There is no charge for requesting articles.
How do I request UCR Library books that are not checked out?
Faculty, staff and students can place a hold for pick-up on material not checked out through SCOTTY. Please visit the Paging webpage for more information.
Instructions for Document Delivery
From the UCR & UC-licensed databases:
- Select item to REQUEST by checking the selection box next to each item.
- Click on the UC-eLinks button.
- Click on the REQUEST button.
- Complete the form: Enter your departmental affiliation and your 14-digit library card barcode number, (e.g. 2121...). Use the NOTES field to enter any additional information.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Follow the prompts.
Click on a tab to choose a form.
Enter the information.
Click the "Continue" button to go UC-eLinks.
Follow the instructions for either the Melvyl Catalog or the UCR/UC-licensed database above.
Rivera Library Document Delivery
Orbach Science Library Document Delivery