to: UC Joint Steering Committee for Shared Collections
from: Leslie Abrams, Art Bibliographers Group Chair 2006-7
date: August 15, 2007
University of California Art Bibliographers Group
Annual Report 2006-7
Leslie Abrams (UCSD) assumed role as Chair, effective Fall 2006.
Activities during 2006-7
· Early California Art and Architecture Journals Digitization Project update – Under the leadership of Elizabeth Byrne (UCB), an updated project proposal was shared with the group and discussed during our meeting at the ARLIS/NA Atlanta conference. Suggestions were provided from the group for further developing the proposal.
· Dan Goldstein (UCD) led the effort to add the National Palace Museum Image Database http://www.culturalcafe.com/gallery_main.htm via insight which was supported by the UC Art Group.
· Individuals in the group participated in discussions leading to the recommendation that UC license ARTstor http://www.artstor.org/info , including using ARTstor as a platform for shared image collections.
of the Group met during the ARLIS/NA Annual conference in
Members of the group serving as resource liaisons this past year include:
Kathryn Wayne (UCB), Robert Gore (UCLA), Dan Goldstein (UCD)
Goals and objectives for 2007-8
1. Complete JSCSC Survey, identifying new or expanding access to existing licensed resources of high priority to the arts.
2. Do a call for resource liaisons for unclaimed titles: DAAI (Tier 3), Index to Christian Art (Tier 2); SCIPIO.
3. Plan a fall 2007 meeting for the Art Bibliographer Group at one of the UC campuses.