After almost three months’ closure, starting Monday, June 15, 2020, you can now check out books from the Rivera and Orbach Libraries’ circulating collections via drive-up Contact-Free Curbside Delivery.
This service is available for UCR faculty, students, and staff, as well as those from other UC campuses who are located closer to Riverside. You may also walk (bike, skateboard, etc.) up to use this service, as long as you wear a mask and observe social distancing.
To return items, you may use the drive-up book return in Lot 1 or the book drops outside the Rivera or Orbach Libraries at any time.
The physical libraries are still closed to the public, other than this drive-up service. See Library Resources and Services for Remote Users.
Books that are available digitally through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service are not available for Curbside Pickup. In order for UCR (and the other UC campuses) to keep this HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access, we cannot loan any of those books if they are in our library. However, approximately half our UCR collection is available for Curbside Delivery.
Other materials not available for Curbside Pickup include physical Course Reserves, physical Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items, and materials from Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA). However, patrons may request digitized reproductions of SCUA items here.
Health and Safety
The library prioritizes the health and safety of our staff and library patrons.
- We require all library staff and patrons to wear masks while in the building, or during Curbside Delivery.
- We require all library staff and patrons to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Library staff will wear gloves when handling, processing, and delivering books to library patrons.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves.
- Library staff regularly practice recommended hygiene practices (hand washing for 20 seconds, use of sanitizer, wiping down commonly used surfaces, etc.).
Update Aug. 27, 2021: Curbside delivery of books will end on Friday, Sept. 3.