Over the next few months, construction and several moves will be occurring in the Rivera and Orbach Libraries.
Here is the overview. This webpage will be updated as projects are completed, or as timeframes shift.
- Completed: Microfilms have been relocated to circulating shelves in the basement to the right of the metal microfiche cases.
- Currently: Construction has started in the former microfilm stacks to create a new secured stack area for Special Collections and University Archives.
- Completed: Interlibrary Loan operations has relocated to the Circulation/Reserves service desk in Rivera Library.
- Completed - June 3 - August 9:
- Staff will move items in the Education Services collection to the basement (includes juvenile books, puppets, manipulatives, textbooks), where the microfilm was previously housed. This will allow greater patron accessibility on a non-quiet floor with more open space — conducive for a collection that sometimes is used by parents/caregivers with children.
- Items with K-L call numbers will be moved to the shelves where the Education Services materials were previously housed, on the second floor of Rivera Library.
- Completed - August 12 - September 20:
- Items with ML-MT call numbers will be temporarily moved to mobile carts on the second floor, while new, broader shelving is being installed. During this time, for your convenience, we suggest that patrons submit a hold/request for items in this collection, so that library staff can retrieve the items for you.
- Completed: Poster Printing services has moved from the ground floor to room 121 on the first floor.
- Completed: The Map Collection has moved from the ground floor to first floor. Map cases, GIS workstations, aerial photos, light table, and work tables are adjacent to the Creat'R Lab, now labeled as "Geospatial Resources."
- June: The UCR School of Medicine will begin construction of their Clinical Skills Simulation Lab in the space formerly occupied by the Map Collection and some adjacent library spaces.
The Music Library will close at the end of the day on Friday, September 6, and reopen on Monday, September 16. It will be closed for a week on September 9.
- Completed - September 9 - 13: The Music collection will move to the Rivera Library.
- M call number materials will be moved and shelved after the new location of the L call numbers on the second floor of Rivera Library.
- ML and MT call numbers will then be shelved after the M call numbers.
- Music Study Score will be shelved separately following the MT call numbers.
- Completed - Music Media (CD, VHS, LP, etc.)
- Music media will be interfiled into the current Media Collection on the first floor of Rivera Library. New security cases are being ordered for the collection.
- Rivera Reference will be shifted to the last two ranges behind the reference desk.
- The Media Collection will expand to the first range on the left side—shelves will be added accordingly.