Over the next few months, construction and several moves will be occurring in the Rivera and Orbach Libraries.
Here is the overview. This webpage will be updated as projects are completed, or as timeframes shift.
- Completed: Microfilms have been relocated to circulating shelves in the basement to the right of the metal microfiche cases.
- Currently: Construction has started in the former microfilm stacks to create a new secured stack area for Special Collections and University Archives.
- April/May: Interlibrary Loan operations will be relocating to the Circulation/Reserves service desk.
- Completed: Poster Printing services has moved from the ground floor to room 121 on the first floor.
- Currently: The Map Collection will move from the ground floor to first floor. Map cases, GIS workstations, aerial photos, light table, and work tables will be adjacent to the Creat'R Lab.
- June: The UCR School of Medicine will begin construction of their Clinical Skills Simulation Lab in the space formerly occupied by the Map Collection and some adjacent library spaces.