At all-staff meetings held on August 20 and 21, Library Human Resources acknowledged ten UCR Library employees for their outstanding contributions.
These team members became the third round of employees to be recognized through the KUDOS program.
Under the KUDOS program, non-probationary staff and academic employees at the UCR Library can be nominated by a peer for actions or contributions related to the library's mission that have a significant, positive impact on colleagues, library users, or others.
Nominations were submitted anonymously by library non-probationary staff and academic employees, and then were reviewed by members of Library Cabinet to determine which staff members would receive the KUDOS awards.
The August 2018 recipients received the following comments on their nomination forms:
Natalie Moller, Collection Maintenance Assistant
- “Natalie’s ALMA contributions in the Collection Maintenance workflow deserve special recognition. Natalie continues to be an asset to the ongoing configuration of our ILMS.”
Jim Clark, Head of Database Management and Authority Control Unit
- “I’d like to nominate Jim for his role in the ALMA migration. I know it’s been an enormous amount of work, on the technical side, as well as supporting colleagues in Metadata and Technical Services to get oriented to a previously unfamiliar system and get up and running. Thank you!”
Margarita Yonezawa, Research Services Assistant
- “Margarita has proved to be an exemplary and dedicated worker. She is a proactive person who is dedicated to her job and the library.”
Erika Quintana, Acquisitions Unit Supervisor
- “Erika is in a true sense, the person with the biggest insight and knowledge of most, if not all functions in the library. The introduction and training of the new system of Ex Libris is just one of various examples of her great motivation, smarts, accuracy and personal care.”
Pam Sun, Collection Strategies Services Coordinator
- “Pam was recently assigned to a special project in the Learning Resources Display Center that was an insurmountable task that needed to be done quickly. Pam and her students have done a beautiful job, consulting as necessary if there was anything that she was unsure of. Because of her attention to detail and willingness to consult, she completed the task in record time. Many thanks to Pam for her excellent work.”
Chuck Stephenson, Night and Billing Coordinator, Rivera
- “Chuck has been a major contributor to the configuration and testing of the fulfillment functions in ALMA. He has made significant contributions in defining the billing workflow for the library. He is willing to jump in and assist where he can.”
Rocco Berges, Senior Building Maintenance Worker
- “Rocco has done quite a bit to keep the Rivera and Orbach libraries looking great. In addition to regularly keeping the lounge areas tidy and clean, he’s taken on some projects that go beyond regular maintenance, which have had an outstanding and noticeable impact. The results are noticed and appreciated every day, the good work reflects the excellence of a dedicated, focused and hardworking individual. Rocco goes beyond his duties and we appreciate the care!”
Sahra Missaghieh Klawitter, Circulation/Reserves Services Manager
- “I would like to thank Sahra for all her efforts to alleviate students’ stress, to support employee professional development and to celebrate the library employees. Sahra’s contributions resulted in a successful migration in circulation and reserves. Our users' experience with circulation and reserve transactions are seamless, because of Sahra’s behind-the-scenes configuration work.”
Bernice Ridgeway, Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- “Bernice’s contributions to establishing ILL protocol and workflows between OCLC and Alma have been noteworthy! She has shown flexibility and is very attentive to our users' needs. Thank you Bernice!”
Shelly Gipson, Head of Collection Maintenance
- “Shelly has contributed to the migration of Alma in many areas to develop new and improved workflows using the Alma system. She continues to research and test different processes and her contributions have been noteworthy. Thank you Shelly!”
Please join us in celebrating these library employees’ achievements!