The Multimedia Library has closed, effective 6:00 pm on Friday, September 9, 2016.
The materials and services formerly in the Multimedia Library are being moved to the Rivera Library and will be available to library users starting on Monday, September 19.
The first floor of Rivera Library will house most media titles in open stacks, shelved and secured appropriately to facilitate browsing.
Media reserve and streaming services will continue via the request system on the library website. Media on reserve will be available behind the Rivera circulation/reserves desk. (Please see http://library.ucr.edu/instructional-support/put-materials-on-course-reserves for details.)
Individual viewing stations and designated bookable group study rooms in Rivera Library will house audio-visual equipment and gaming equipment used for classes.
Here are the new service and collection locations:
- The VHS collection has been moved to Rivera Library and is now in its new location on Rivera first floor.
- The Multimedia DVDs and CDs will be moved to Rivera first floor.
- The Multimedia book drop closed on September 9 and will be moved to Orbach Library.
- The Xerox copier/scanner/printer formerly in the Multimedia Library has been moved to Rivera first floor.
- Six Multimedia Library viewing stations have been moved to Rivera first floor, and one is being moved to Special Collections (Rivera fourth floor.)
- Four group study rooms in Rivera (second floor) are being repurposed as two group viewing rooms and two group gaming rooms, with the equipment from the Multimedia Library. These will be “bookable” beginning on September 19.