Find books at the UCR Library, the UC Libraries, and around the world.
Scotty (UCR) Catalog
Use the Scotty (UCR) catalog to search for books and other library materials at UCR. Scotty includes information on whether a book is checked out, on course reserves, on hold, reference only, or on order. The catalog offers advanced search options such as:
- searching by title, author, subject, or call number
- limiting material type (periodicals, maps, etc.)
- limiting by location
- scoping date of publication
- searching for other-language materials
Tips & Tricks
- When using title search, start at the beginning of the title
- Use keyword search to find information by topic
- Search authors by last name, first name
Books are available in print or online. To access e-books, click "Connect to". To find books in the library, look at the location and call number, then find the call number area on floor maps.
Melvyl (UC) Catalog
Use the Melvyl (UC) catalog to search for books at University of California libraries and beyond. If you want an item we do not have at UCR:
- Click on the title of the book
- Click "Request"
- Fill out the form to have it sent to UCR
Our e-book packages offer different reading experiences:
- Some packages allow you to download chapters from the book individually and without any restrictions on printing or saving.
- Some packages allow downloading books for a set amount of time. During that time others may not be able to use it. The entire book is downloaded but printing and saving are severely restricted. These restrictions are called digital rights management (DRM). and special software such as Adobe Digital Editions and an Adobe ID are generally required to read books with DRM. Check out our e-book guide to get started.
- Some packages allow only online reading or a combination of online reading and check-out. Reading online is only available on campus or by connecting from off-campus through VPN.
Having issues accessing e-books? Ask a librarian.