The UCR Library collects resources in biochemistry and the interdisciplinary-related subjects of biology, chemistry, and medical sciences. Resources cover areas in carbohydrates, nucleic acids, proteins and enzymes. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate biochemistry articles by searching in chemistry, biology, and/or medical sciences databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
Standard and state-of-the art research methods used in the biological sciences for purification, identification, modification, engineering, structure determination, interaction studies, and structure analysis. Resources include Current Protocols, Springer Protocols, Cold Spring Harbor Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology, and Methods in Enzymology.
Molecular Graphics Visualization Software
Rasmol is an open source program for visualizing three-dimensional biological macromolecules and their interactions.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- The Merck Index - An encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biological
- Concise Encyclopedia Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG)
- The ACS Style Guide – A guide for scientific publication
- CASSI – Identifies or confirms journal titles and abbreviations for publications
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) - Uses the Entrez cross-database search page to search Pubmed, GenBank, and OMIM.
- RCSB Protein Databank (PDB) - Contains information on 107,000+ biological macromolecular structures.