Submit Reproduction Requests
Submit requests for scans as “Reproduction Orders” in the Special Collections Request System. Scans will be delivered electronically to your Request System account.
- Turnaround time varies. Please allow 2 weeks for orders to be completed. Rush service may be available for an additional fee of up to 50% of the total order cost.
- All reproductions are made by SCUA staff.
- Prepayment is required for all orders.
- We currently accept only personal checks (ID required) and money orders. Unfortunately, we do not accept credit or debit cards at this time.
- State sales tax will be applied as appropriate.
- We do not guarantee the quality or legibility of reproductions as this depends on factors such as binding, original quality, condition, etc.
- We reserve the right to deny requests based on condition, known restrictions, etc.
- Additional fees may apply to specialized orders (oversized materials, special formats, etc.)
Publication, Permissions, and Usage Fees
Researchers who wish to use copyrighted materials in ways beyond those protected by Fair Use are responsible for obtaining the proper permissions. SCUA can only grant permission for use of materials to which the UC Regents hold the copyright; physical ownership does not imply copyright.
Purchase of reproductions from Special Collections & University Archives does not include publication rights. Publication of materials for which the UC Regents hold copyright may be subject to the following usage fees:
- Commercial: $100.00 per image
- Non-profit: $25.00 per image
- Student thesis/dissertation: No charge
PDF – For reference purposes only. Document file: low resolution (up to 300 dpi), smallest file size, greyscale.
- $0.50 – UC affiliates
- $1.00 – non-UC
JPEG –For reference purposes only. Image file: low resolution (up to 300 dpi), color or greyscale.
- $5.00 – UC affiliates
- $10.00 – non-UC
TIFF – For publication. Image file: high resolution (dpi varies), color of original document.
- $15.00 – UC affiliates
- $25.00 – non-UC
Rush Fees: Up to an additional 50% of total cost
For most collections:
From the holdings of Special Collections & University Archives, UCR Library, University of California, Riverside.
For collections where copyright is held by the UC Regents:
Used by permission of Special Collections & University Archives, UCR Library, University of California, Riverside.
Rev. December 2015