The Eaton Collection of Science Fiction & Fantasy is one of the world's largest, richest, and deepest collections of science fiction, fantasy, horror, utopian literature and related genres. The collection originated with the personal library of Dr. J. Lloyd Eaton which was acquired by the UCR Library in 1969.
As the collection has grown, it has become a major resource for research in all aspects of speculative fiction and is visited by scholars from around the world.
The collection contains more than 300,000 items, including:
- More than 100,000 hardback and paperback books
- Complete runs of many pulp magazines
- Nearly 100,000 fanzines
- Film and visual materials, including 500 shooting scripts from science fiction films
- Thousands of comic books, anime and manga
- Collectible ephemera and realia, including cards, posters, pins and action figures