The UCR Library collects resources in Eastern Asian studies, composing the interdisciplinary fields of humanities and social sciences, supporting both courses and research conducted by our students and faculty. Materials are in both English and vernacular languages, covering literature, history, philosophy, religion, and media studies of the Greater China region, Japan and Korea. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate art articles by searching in the East Asian studies databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
- China Academic Journals - full-text Chinese academic journals from 1915 onward
- Chinamaxx Digital Library - the world’s largest database of Chinese publications, mostly published since 1949
- Chinese Digital Library - ebooks, current newspapers, reference tools, and yearbooks
- Complete Classics Collection of Ancient China - electronic version of Gujin Tushu Jicheng古今图书集成
- Si Ku Quan Shu - electronic version of 四库全书
- Taiwan Electronic Periodical Services - 台湾电子期刊服务网 database of more than 900 full-text Taiwan periodicals in various disciplines.
- Taiwan Wen Xian Cong Kan - 台灣文獻叢刊 historical Taiwanese documents
- Asahi Kikuzo II Visual - database of the Asahi Shimbun, one of the largest Japanese newspapers, containing more than 13 million items from its first issue in 1879 to the present
- CiNii: Citation Information by National Institute of Informatics - Japanese scholarly and academic information navigator
- Japan Knowledge - a web archive of more than 50 different encyclopedia, dictionaries, reference compilations, and periodical resources in Japan.
- JuNii:Japanese Institutional Repositories Online