Good News! UCR is now a Patent Depository Library.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Keywords - Words that show up in the title or supporting information of the patent.
- Inventor/Assignee - Person who invented the item / Company or person to whom the patent was issued.
- Class - Patents for a specific kind of invention:
- Identify relevant Patent Classification and Subclassification Numbers. This can be done at the United States Patent and Trademark Office website. From this site you can do a boolean search in the Manual of Classification or browse Classification and Subclassification numbers.
- Search the USPTO database for the particular numbers returned by the Class/Subclass search at USPTO.
- Much easier to print
- Advanced patent search available, but hard to find
- Not necessarily up to date
Disclaimer: This information is for research about patents, and should not be confused with patent research done for legal purposes.
This site, with some limitations, will allow you to determine if a name or phrase is a registered trademark.