Technical reports are documents on scientific and technological topics (Usually CS or EE) which are typically issued by institutions. Technical report servers and indexes are common on the Web, and many provide full text access to technical reports. If you are looking for a particular technical report, Google the title and see what comes up. If you are looking for technical reports from a particular institution, Google the institution and "technical reports." Subject searching for technical reports across institutions is not
University Technical Reports
Edinburgh 1986- (with some missing)
We received a donation of Edinburgh Tech reports a while back, I may have them or they will be in Scotty.
Indiana University CS
MIT LCS and MAC (old)
University of California, Berkeley (EECS)
University of Virginia CS
Institute for Computing Science (Old)
Government Government Technical Reports (i.e. NASA, DOE) - Through Infomine
- NASA Scientific and Technical Aerospace Reports (STAR)
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS)
- NTIS (National Technical Information Service) - This is a database, but once you get a title, try to google the exact title.
Obtaining technical reports that are not online
- UCR researchers should contact Interlibrary Loans. They can get most U.S. government technical reports for you in either fiche or paper.
- Contact the author of the technical report or the creating institution.