- Tutorial: Finding Primary Sources
- Primary Sources in the Sciences
- Databases by Subject
- Internet History Sourcebooks
- Perseus Digital Library
What are Primary Sources?
They are first-hand observations of a time, person, or event. They include documents, images, or artifacts that contain original and non-analyzed information from the time period being researched. They may be found in their original format or may have been reproduced at a later date. Primary sources are the raw materials that help form the basis for critical analysis of a topic.
- Definition of Secondary and Tertiary Sources
- Examples of Primary, Seconday and Tertiary sources
- Sources in the Sciences
The library offers many print resources to begin your research.
Primary resources are available online through our databases.
- Rivera Library
Phone: (951) 827-4392