Graduate Carrels are available in the Rivera Library.
19 assignable carrels are available in the Rivera Library (2nd floor) for graduate students. We also have lockable mobile carts (Moby Carts) to keep research materials secure. Graduate Students must apply to use the carrels and Moby Carts, based upon the criteria below.
- Individual assignable Graduate Carrels and Moby Carts are available by application to Ph.D. students in advanced candidacy (dissertation writing stage).
- The remaining Graduate Carrels are available by application to all UCR graduate students, to be shared on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any remaining unassigned Moby Carts are available by application to all UCR graduate students.
- Carrel assignments are made for 4 quarters with the possibility of renewal for an additional 2 quarters. There is no guarantee of an extension. Carrels may not normally be assigned for more than 6 consecutive quarters.
- Carrel assignments will be awarded in accordance with all applicable guidelines for eligibility, and based on the merits of the justification. See the Carrel Policy and Internal Procedures and Acceptance Agreement for more information.
University of California
P.O. Box 5900 Riverside, CA 92517-5900
(951) 827-3544, email@example.com, Eddie Alaniz