Reserve a Study Room
There are 28 reservable study rooms located in the Rivera and Orbach Science Libraries. These rooms are dedicated to small group use for group projects, tutoring, or supplementary instruction. These rooms are to be used by UCR faculty, staff, and students only.
- Rivera Library 206-218 (wireless access, whiteboard, maximum capacity: 6-8 persons)
- Orbach Science Library 308-310; 313-318; 322-323; 329-330, & 334 (wireless access, whiteboard, maximum capacity: 6-8 persons)
Markers and erasers are available for check out at the Circulation/Reserve Desks.
How to Reserve a Study Room
- Use the reservation system to view availability and reserve your space.
- Check out the key from the Circulation/Reserve Desk at the time of your reservation.
How to Cancel a Reservation
- At the time of your reservation you will receive an email with a link allowing you to cancel. Please be considerate and cancel any reservation you will not be using-- thank you!
Please observe the following rules when you reserve a group study room:
- Each room must have a minimum of 2 users, and a maximum of 8.
- A UCR email account is required to reserve the room.
- An individual can reserve a room for maximum of 2 hours per day.
- A valid library card is required to check out the key from the Circulation/Reserve Desk. Keys are checked out for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Overdue keys will be assessed $14.00 for any portion of the first hour and $1.00 for any portion of each additional hour. The lost key charge is $2.00 per key.
- The individual who makes the reservation must be the one who checks out the key, and also be present while the room is in use.
- Keys may be checked out within 15 minutes prior to the reservation time. However, the room may not be available for use until the reservation time.
- If the key is not checked out within 15 minutes after the reservation time, the entire reservation may be cancelled (up to 2 hours) and the room may be released to another user.
- Please read our Group Study Room Policy. This policy applies to the reservable study rooms.