There are seventy-two study rooms located in the Rivera and Orbach Science Libraries. Sixty-seven of these rooms can be reserved for group projects, tutoring, or supplementary instruction. These rooms are to be used by UCR faculty, staff, and students only.
- Rivera Library 206-214, 306-315 (wireless access, whiteboard, flatscreen monitor); 215-218, 220-230, 316, 318-328 (wireless access, whiteboard).
- Orbach Science Library 213-217 (wireless access, whiteboard); 218, 222-223, 229-230, 234, 308-310; 313-318; 322-323; 329-330, & 334 (wireless access, whiteboard, flatscreen monitor).
- Presentation Practice Room (OSL 147). PC computer and LCD wall monitor. Capacity 20. Open January 2014.
Markers and erasers are available for check out at the Circulation/Reserve Desks.
How to Reserve a Study Room
- Login to the reservation system using your library barcode and last name.
- Search for rooms by the size of your group, numbers of hours needed (up to 3 hours), and when needed.
- Choose library and room.
- Add your phone number for a text message confirmation.
How to Cancel a Reservation
- At the time of your reservation you will receive an email with a link allowing you to cancel. Please be considerate and cancel any reservation you will not be using-- thank you!
Please observe the following guidelines when you reserve a group study room:
- Groups with reservations have priority use, but the room is also available on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be asked to move if the room is reserved.
- A UCR library account is required to reserve the room.
- Intended for groups only (2 or more people); single-user reservations are not valid.
- Can be reserved for up to three hours per day.
- One reservation per user per day.
- Reserve up to 14 days in advance.
- Reservations limited to UCR students, faculty and staff.
- Reservations are honored for the first 15 minutes of the reservation period, after which the reservation is forfeited and the room becomes available as first-come, first served..