Subject Guide: BIOCHEMISTRY
- Web of Science: Covers all Science disciplines and includes citation searching.(1900-present)
- SciFinder Scholar: Chemical Abstracts and Structure searching (1907-present). Register to use the Web version of SciFinder Scholar from this site.
- Reaxys (former platform CrossFire): Beilstein and Gmelin Substances indexed 1772-present. Elsevier Chemistry Patent database is also included. Searchable by structure, reactions, text, and physical propert values.
- - National Center for Biotechnology Information. Use the Entrez cross-database search page to search databases such as Pubmed, GenBank, and OMIM.
- RCSB Protein Databank (PDB) - Over 55,000 biological macromolecules. " The PDB archive contains information about experimentally-determined structures of proteins, nucleic acids, and complex assemblies."
- Cambridge Structural Database (Web version) - Contains crystallographic data on organic, organometallic, and metal complex structures. Option to Web version: Database is downloadable from this site: http://software.chem.ucla.edu/CSD/ . The DVDs are also available for borrowing through J. Mason (contact info below).
- ACS Journals - American Chemical Society Journals
- RSC Journals - Royal Society of Chemistry Journals
- Science Direct - Elsevier publications
- Wiley InterScience
- Protein Explorer - software for visualizing the three-dimensional structures of protein, DNA, and RNA macromolecules, and their interactions and binding of ligands, inhibitors, and drugs.
- Rasmol - a program for molecular graphics visualisation
- Atlas of Macromolecules
- Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG)
- Julie Mason, Biochemistry Librarian,
Orbach Science Library
Last modified: 12/15/2014 7:59 PM by J. Mason