Patrons are responsible for items checked out on their library cards and for knowing the rules and regulations of the library.
Appeal requests will only be considered for unpaid fines and fees. Appeal requests for previously paid fines and fees will not be considered and will be denied.
Fines will not be waived for any of these reasons:
- Book was not needed by anyone else
- Lent the item to someone else to return
- Returned course reserves to the wrong library/book drop or to the outside book drop during open hours
- Failed to receive a courtesy overdue or recall notice
- Returned the item through interlibrary loan at another library and it was not received at the UCR Library on time
- Live too far away or you were out of town when the book/s were due
- Unaware of UCR Library Fines & Fees