The Special Collections & University Archives department at UC Riverside contains a large number of collections across a wide range of interests. Our holdings amount to over 750 archival collections totaling over 8,000 linear feet of materials that includes documents, correspondence, diaries/journals, maps, A/V recordings, and more. We also have hundreds of thousands of cataloged materials that include books, zines, art, comic books and graphic novels, objects and artifacts, posters, artist's books, VHS and DVDs, and much more.
These materials are divided into several collecting areas:
- Special Collections: these collections cover a range of topics including arts & culture, local history, Tuskegee Airmen, and more.
- University Archives: collections related to university history & administration, colleges & schools, campus planning & architecture, professor's papers, and student life at UC Riverside.
- Eaton Collection of Science Fiction and Fantasy: collections related to science fiction, fantasy, and speculative fiction generally. Includes authors' papers, fan collections, artist and illustrator collections, editorial papers, books, ephemera & collectibles, and much more.
- Water Resources Collections and Archives: collections related to water resources (infrastructure, development, quality, use, regulation, etc), primarily in California with some collections touching on reagional, national and international water matters.
- Print Materials: these materials include rare books, journals, manuscript leaves, comic books, fanzines, and many more print and published items.