The University Archives is the designated repository for records, documents, publications and other material pertaining to the University of California, Riverside. Located in Special Collections & University Archives department, the Archives houses campus materials of enduring historical value. Our holdings document the history of the campus from its beginnings in the early 1900's as the Citrus Experiment Station (CES) to its present form as a thriving academic institution within the University of California system. These resources support university administration, the institution's educational goals, and community outreach activities.
The following collecting areas have been established for the University Archives:
- Official University administrative records and publications
- Select papers of individual faculty members, staff, and alumni
- Sound and video recordings
- Photographs of UCR including academics, research, events, student life, and buildings
- Campus memorabilia and artifacts
Nearly all University Archives material is discoverable in the Scotty Catalog (UCR). Many collections also have extensive finding aids available on the Online Archive of California and select digital collections can be accessed through Calisphere.