Special Collections & University Archives houses archives and manuscript collections, photographs, maps, books, and other rare or unique research material that document a wide range of subject areas. Our reading room is located on the 4th floor of the Tomás Rivera Library.
Safety Guidelines and Precautions
Special Collections & University Archives is committed to the safety of its patrons and staff. All patrons and staff must properly wear a mask when indoors. Plexiglass has been installed on tables, hand sanitizer is available, and touchless check-in will be utilized.
To learn more about UCR’s campus-wide response, please visit Environmental Health & Safety.
We offer many services to help you access and interact with our collections. You may:
- Use materials in our reading room.
- Request reproductions of materials.
- Ask a question.
- Schedule a research consultation for one-on-one or small group help from a librarian or archivist (30 minute session).
- Request an instruction session for hands-on, collection-based learning experiences.
- Request a tour for donors, other professionals, or library school students.
Find Our Collections
There are several ways to discover our collections:
- UC Library Search contains records for books, serials, and other published items. Look for the easy-to-use "Request" button.
- Online Archive of California (OAC) contains finding aids describing archives and manuscript collections. Look for the easy-to-use "Request" button.
- Calisphere features digital collections from across the state. See just UCR collections here.
Upcoming Events & Workshops