Holiday hours / services:
- Special Collections and University Archives will be open by appointment only from Monday, December 18 to Friday, December 22, 2017 and Tuesday, January 2 to Friday, January 5, 2018.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment; appointments are pending staff and space availability.
- Reproductions will not be filled during this period.
Special Collections & University Archives houses archives and manuscript collections, photographs, maps, books, and other rare or unique research material that document a wide range of subject areas. Our reading room is located on the 4th floor of the Tomás Rivera Library.
We offer many services to help you access and interact with our collections. You may:
- Use materials in our reading room.
- Request reproductions of materials.
- Ask a question.
- Schedule a research consultation for one-on-one or small group help from a librarian or archivist (30 minute session).
- Request an instruction session for hands-on, collection-based learning experiences.
- Request a tour for donors, other professionals, or library school students.
Find Our Collections
There are several ways to discover our collections:
- Scotty (UCR) catalog contains records for books, serials, and other published items. Look for the easy-to-use "Request" button.
- Online Archive of California (OAC) contains finding aids describing archives and manuscript collections. Look for the easy-to-use "Request" button.
- Calisphere features digital collections from across the state. See just UCR collections here.