The UCR Library encourages donations of gifts to supplement and complement the library's overall collection of research and teaching materials. A gift may be either a donation of money or a gift in kind, which includes all forms of book and non-book materials in various formats.
Donation of Financial Assets
- Donations of money are received by Library Administration
- Checks should be made payable to the UC Riverside Foundation
- If the finances are to support a specific fund or purchase please include that in the memo section of the check
- Donate to the UCR Libraries Book Fund online
Donation of Rare Books and Manuscripts or University Archives
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Donation of Materials for the Circulating Collection
- The Library requests that donors contact the Library prior to sending or bringing their materials. Due to space and staffing constraints, the library is unfortunately unable to accept every donation that is offered.
- Inquiries concerning prospective donations of circulating library materials should be directed to email@example.com.
- Donated materials become the property of the Regents of the University of California upon receipt.
- When gifts in kind are accepted, they may be added to the UCR Library collections, added to the UC shared print collection, sent to another library collection, or used as a source of revenue from sales.
- In general, it will be the responsibility of the donor to deliver the gift to the Libraries. However, special arrangements may be made when necessary to pick up materials from the donor with the approval of the Head of Collection Strategies.
- At the donor's request, the Library will provide a written gift acknowledgement for accepted gifts.
- We currently cannot accept gifts of the following:
- VHS tapes
- Laser Discs
- Textbooks not currently taught in UCR courses
- Most periodicals
- Vinyl Records
- Audio cassette tapes