UCR Library is committed to equal access as articulated in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Patrons with disability-related needs are encouraged to request accommodations. We provide a positive environment to accommodate needs and respect privacy. Qualifying UCR students can receive assistance with academic needs. Contact Student Disability Resource Center.
Library facilities have limited staffing during evenings and weekends. Please make prior arrangements so that the library can provide the best service. Here's how we can help:
UCR students, staff or faculty with disabilities may:
- Request staff at service desks to retrieve books or periodicals from the stacks.
- Request modification of rules for course reserves and loan periods.
- Use electronic document delivery to retrieve materials.
- Request a proxy card so a designated person may check out for you.
- Request assistance from the Access Services department.
Full-Access Digital Copies
Through a designated proxy, eligible UCR faculty, students and staff can receive special, full text access to in-copyright materials in HathiTrust. HathiTrust offers millions of digitized books and other materials from libraries around the world.
To take advantage of this service, please contact Christina Cicchetti.