The UCR Library collects resources in environmental engineering supporting both coursework and research conducted by our students and faculty. This is a naturally interdisciplinary topic so resources from engineering, geosciences, and chemistry are commonly used. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Books are useful for getting a broad introduction or background information for topics in environmental engineering. Search by topic keywords in the Scotty (UCR) catalog or the Melvyl (UC) catalog or browse the Knovel Environmental Engineering Books.
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate articles by searching in the environmental engineering databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
Most environmental engineering journals are purchased for the entire UC Libraries system and can be browsed in in the UC Journal Finder. Use the Scotty (UCR) catalog to find journals on campus.
- Handbook of Physical-Chemical Properties and Environmental Fate for Organic Chemicals
- Natural Attenuation of Contaminants in Soils
- Eisler's Encyclopedia of Environmentally Hazardous Priority Chemicals
Sampling and Analysis
- Handbook of Environmental Analysis: Chemical Pollutants in Air Water Soil and Solid Wastes
- Air Sampling and Industrial Hygiene Engineering
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater
- Compilation of EPA's Sampling and Analysis Methods