The UCR Library collects resources in bioengineering supporting both coursework and research conducted by our students and faculty. This is a naturally interdisciplinary topic so resources from biology, engineering and chemistry are used. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate articles by searching in the bioengineering databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
Most bioengineering journals are purchased for the entire UC Libraries system and can be browsed in in the UC Journal Finder. Use the UCR catalog, with material type set to "periodical", to find journals on campus.
Methods and Protocols
The library has many methods publications. Search the UCR catalog using the keywords "bioengineering AND method*".
Protocols published in Current Protocols (Wiley) and Springer Protocols can be searched by title of the protocol, or by browsing the volumes. The Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a video based journal of protocols. UCR subscribes to all of JoVE's research content.
- UCR Bioengineering Dissertations
- Biomedical Engineering Desk Reference
- The Biomedical Engineering Handbook
- Biomedical Engineering & Design Handbook
- Medical Device R&D Handbook
- Encyclopedia of Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics, and Informatics
- Handbook of Anthropometry: Physical Measures of Human Form in Health and Disease