The UCR Library collects extensive electronic and print resources in the field of Chemistry supporting research and instruction at UCR, including materials such as chemical property information, spectra, syntheses and reactions, and safety information. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate chemistry articles by searching in the chemical sciences databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
- ACS Journals - American Chemical Society Journals
- RSC Journals - Royal Society of Chemistry Journals
- Science Direct - Tetrahedron, Biophysical Chemistry, etc. (Elsevier publications)
- Wiley InterScience - Angewandte Chemie, Advanced Materials, etc.
Spectral data can be found online in the Spectral Data Base System (SDBS), SciFinder Scholar (in the CAS Registry File) and in the Aldrich Library of Spectra located in the reference area of Orbach Science Library.
Patent literature is important to research many topics in chemistry. Patent searching is available through SciFinder Scholar, Google Patents, the United States Patent & Trademark Office, and international patent offices.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- The Merck Index - An encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology
- Ullmans Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
- The ACS Style Guide – A guide for scientific publication
- CASSI – Used to identify or confirm journal titles and abbreviations for publications