The UCR Library collects resources in environmental toxicology supporting both coursework and research conducted by our students and faculty. This is a naturally interdisciplinary subject so resources from biology, chemistry, environmental science, and medical sciences are used. We offer subject-specific educational services at the library and also provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate environmental toxicology articles by searching in environmental sciences, chemistry, biology, and medical sciences databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
- Reference Man
- Comprehensive Toxicology – 14 volume set on toxic substances
- Handbook of Toxicology
- RTECS Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (Contact reference desk for login password)
- ECOTOX (ECOTOXicology) - single chemical toxicity data for aquatic and terrestrial life
- The Merck Index - An encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biological
- The ACS Style Guide – A guide for scientific publication