The UCR Library collects resources in mathematics supporting both coursework and research conducted by our students and faculty. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate articles by searching in the mathematics databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
Most mathematics journals are purchased for the entire UC Libraries system and can be browsed in the UC Journal Finder. Use the UCR catalog, scoping your search with material type "periodicals", to find journals on campus.
Dissertations & Theses
Check out the UCR mathematics dissertations to see what has been written by graduates of the UCR mathematics program. Dissertations from around the world are available through Digital Dissertations
- CRC concise encyclopedia of mathematics
- Encyclopedia of mathematical sciences
- Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications
Full-text handbooks are available through MATHnetBASE. Also useful for mathematics is MIT’s Handbook of Statistics.
Patent literature is important to research many topics in mathematics. Patent searching is available through SciFinder Scholar, Google Patents, the United States Patent & Trademark Office, and international patent offices.
- SIAM e-books
- Safari Books Online - Includes books, videos, short form content, and evolving manuscripts from O'Reilly Media and other publishers
- Lecture Notes in Mathematics - Reports on new developments in mathematics and their applications - quickly, informally and at a high level
- UCR Professor John Baez's Webpage