The UCR Library collects resources in physics and astronomy and the related disciplines of biophysics, astrophysics, and environmental physics supporting both coursework and research conducted by our students and faculty. We offer subject-specific and general research educational services at the library and provide access to information from the UC Libraries System and beyond.
Books & Articles
Scholarly articles are carefully evaluated (peer-reviewed) by subject experts to provide reliable and credible information. Locate physics and astronomy articles by searching in the physical science databases. The most popular databases are listed on this page.
Most physics journals are purchased for the entire UC Libraries system and can be browsed in the UC Journal Finder. Use the UCR catalog to find journals on campus.
- AIP Conference Proceedings - Reports findings presented at important worldwide scientific meetings, often more timely than traditional publishing
- Institute of Physics (IOP) Journals
- Physical Reference Data (NIST) - Data on fundamental physical constants, atomic and molecular spectroscopy, ionization cross sections, absorption of x-rays and gamma rays, radiation dosimetry, half-life measurements, atomic weights, and condensed matter physics
- SLAC - SPIRES - High-energy physics literature database from the library at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
- Optics InfoBase via Optical Society of America - Largest peer-reviewed collection of optics and photonics.
- SPIE Digital Library via SPI - Full-text papers on optics and photonics from SPIE journals and proceedings published since 1998
- SpringerLink -Access to millions of scientific documents from journals, books, series, protocols and reference works
Associations and Institutes
- American Institute of Physics
- American Physical Society
- Institute of Physics
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- American Astronomical Society
- International Astronomical Union
- UCR Physics Department